Monday, July 26, 2010

I was talking to my mum today about how when i was an undergrad i'd go find my lecturers just to talk and hang out. She said, "see all that training i gave you helped." (I agreed of course. because there's some truth to that).

She:"aren't you glad you're able to do that kind of things now, cos all your girl friends (note: not GF. these are 2 SEPARATE words, no typos here) who have stuff that they need to talk about come looking for you."

Me: "uh mum that's not the same thing. its more of listening than actually talking, which i might add i've had lots of practice with you"

She:"see? so at least your mother is good for something."

Me:"yeah well. thing is that most of the time once their issues are resolved they forget about me and i sort of disappear from their lives (note: anyone who knows me well enough that this is something i believe to be VERY true. because there has been little evidence to prove otherwise. I'm usually only the last option.)"

She: "well, then you know who your real friends are."

Me (thinking to myself): "now there's a thought. but unfortunately things aren't so simple."

On a related note, i just came across this on a friend's tumbleblog, and its a variant of one of the rules i live by:


"Time flies, people change. You only talk to me when you need me. Other than that you're too busy for words. So I guess you were one of those people who were supposed to walk into my life, teach me a lesson, and then walk away."

How apt.

No comments: