Sunday, August 22, 2010

New insights to an old mindset.

I remember how a while back I was frustrated that things with TulipGirl had all gone not so great. And while we did meet up and it did make things a little more like how they used to be, yesterday while thinking about it I came to realise something: that what i said the last time was true - if i needed someone to be there when i really needed it, i wasn't sure that she would be.

It used to be a doubt, but now its pretty much for certain - I know that between us it will never be like that. I could really never imagine it that way. But I do know that even though she isn't it, at the end of the day there is someone i know i can count on when the chips are down.

I understand that as friends though W and I may seem close, I'll never be as close to her as some of her other friends. and just like how things were with TulipGirl, i'm ok with that, because that's how things are, and they're unlikely to change. and just like i always have, i'll worry about the day that the drifting will start. and maybe, just maybe i'll get over a little bit better.

I'm just glad that we've managed to help each other alot, and that i've helped her on her road to her dream, and that right now, far away as the end result seems, she's in a step in the right direction. Though she may doubt it sometimes, I know that she can get there eventually - with a little belief in herself, and a little from me.

No comments: