Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rejection is a painful thing. But at some point or other, enough is enough. Nobody can (or should) wait forever. At some point, we have to move on. And maybe for me and her, that time is now.

I've always known that I don't feature high in her list of priorities, and I could accept that. I understood that was the nature of our relationship. Which is why i gave her space and time to do her own thing. I tried as much as i could to be understanding (at least i'd like to think so).

But things are different now. I've lost count of the number of times i've been stood up at the last minute. I tell her that it's ok and that i understand, and that there's always next time, but sooner or later it just becomes too much. Sooner or later, there no longer is a "next time", because you know it'll never come.

I used to believe that if something happened to me that was serious, she would be one of those who would be there for me. But now, I'm not so sure anymore. Its a sad realisation, but probably true. Things've changed that much.

No comments: