Monday, March 01, 2010

It's not like i don't like my life. Its just that sometimes it really makes me wonder - who i am, what i'm doing, where i belong.

I've always felt that i didn't quite fit into any group i was part of... that there was always a little reason or other that made me a little bit more... disconnected (and this is with pretty much every group i'm sort of part of).

I look at myself and realise what i (sort of) am.

I'm the guy who's resigned to the fact that when it comes to food at home, he's the one that finishes up leftovers, because he eats almost anything, almost any amount, and never seems to put on weight.

I'm the guy whose idea of fashion sense is having variants of more or less the same clothes (hence there's not much variation in my dressing). and would buy the exact same wallet to replace the one that broke.

I'm the guy who's techy, geeky and a little bit socially inept. Whose idea of fun is sitting in front of my PS3 at home at night playing FIFA 10. And who gets kicks out of reading web design magazines, designing stuff and other things like that.

I'm the guy who can rattle off sports statistics like they were the back of my hand, but locks himself out of the office twice while going to collect stuff.

I'm the guy who is more comfortable interacting with someone via the computer rather than face to face, uncomfortable with silence when we're face to face but doesn't have much to say to break it.

I'm the guy who's skinny, lanky, with a bit of a slouch. Who thinks that he isn't even in the category of "mildly attractive", and thinks that anyone who actually thinks he looks good really needs to think twice about it.

I'm the guy who does what he can to help make his friends feel better when they've got problems to cope with, yet most of the time refuses support when he needs it.

I'm the guy who's got more close friends who're girls than guys. and yet remains single just because there's no other way it could be. Who doesn't really believe in love anymore, and thinks that marriage and relationships are too damn complicated because there's too many variables and too much costs involved if you want to get it right.

I'm the guy who's cynical, who thinks that any situation that seems too good to be true usually is. That everything has a catch, and that there's no such thing as a free lunch (and its only a matter of time before you find it).

I'm the guy who believes in God because there can be no other explanation to why he is where he is, who knows the Bible decently, but whose belief stops there.

Basically, I think that the only role I'd fit into better than my other groups is the geeky, techy academic (which is what I am now when you think about it).

Welcome to my life. welcome to me.

No comments: